08 December 2008

embroidery

Yea!  This pillow has been accepted into the Stitch Spectacular show in Savannah in January.  I'm very excited.  This is the first time I've had anything in an art show since like, fourth grade, when I won a prize in the Chattanooga-Hamilton County Bicentennial Library art competition in the elemetary division.  I went to school with a girl whose first name is very similar to mine, and she also won a prize, and she told me that I didn't really win, they just got our names mixed up and then they had to give me a prize, too.  I was never sure if I should believe her, I think she was the kind of person who really wanted to be the best at the things she was good at.

In other news, we got this beautiful vegetable from the CSA this week.  I'm not sure what it is, maybe kohlrabi?
P1200320

No comments:

Post a Comment