22 April 2007

eh?

So I can't say that Mark and I have been to a new Mexican restaurant lately. But we have visited some old faves, notably Taqueria del Sol. We have eaten at some non-Mexican restaurants, we went to Watershed last weekend and Mark had a pork chop that I think he thinks was the best ever.

In the crafting department, I have not been doing very much. I am working on hand quilting the quilt I've been working on forever for Kim and Chad, I'd say I'm 3/5 of the way done. I guess that's not too bad. The hand quilting is very satisfying and much easier than I thought it would be. On the subject of quilting, my mom is about to retire and she is thinking about taking up quilting herself, so that might be exciting!

I've been putting off making more pins for the Moorish Idols, even though I told David I would try to embroider some of the pins with the album art. I guess I haven't felt like doing much recently, see Angela's blog post here, this pretty much sums it up, I think. But I just purchased a new digital camera, so when it arrives maybe that will inspire me to do a little...something.

Okay, and for a plant update. It looks like something is eating my peas' leaves, but I think they will be okay. The peppers are all doing wonderfully and I'm a little skeptical about the tomatoes. Also in the food department, I've been trying to make some Kombucha, from a culture that was pretty old that I got from Korinne. I'm not sure if it's going to work and I'm starting to feel weird about this thing growing in my kitchen.

3 comments:

  1. Is Kombucha that fermented tea? if so, I was given some once by Gary at the farm, but as is his way, he didn't explain what it was very well and I was shocked when I almost swallowed "the mother", the bacteria booger that lives in the stuff. I was so grossed out that I threw it away, but the stuff actually tasted delicious. Also, you should join me for "The Summer of Fermentation", scheduled to begin, well, this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, you know, I have a book, The Joy of Pickling, that sounds perfect for "The Summer of Fermentation"! Kombucha is the fermented tea, and I've let mine ferment for 1 month, 2 weeks longer than instructed. But I've put the lid on it today and hopefully it will carbonate itself, but not so much that the glass jar explodes and hopefully it will be yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ironically enough, Kombucha is not a fungus, but actually a Symbiotic Colony of Bacteria and Yeast, commonly referred to in "the biz" as a SCOBY!

    ReplyDelete